Sunday, March 25, 2012

The beginning of the end?

Welcome to 100lbs of Fat to Lose!

On January 1, 2012, I recommitted to losing the 100 extra pounds of body fat I have hanging off my body.   I am now 12 weeks into this journey and has it ever been interesting.

A bit about me first:

I'm 31.  In the last 13 years have gained and lost the same 40lbs about 6 times.  During those cycles, I graduated university, found a full time job, bought a condo, moved, got married, and ended back at the same weight I was when I started university.  I refuse to continue cycling!

I have so far survived 12 weeks of changing my life.  It has been 12 long weeks with more downs that ups.  But what I realized that reading inspiring stories, from all of the archives at www.PastaQueen.com to the wonderful ladies at www.priorfatgirl.com kept me going.  When I saw that other people have started where I am and succeed made me want to do lose this weight.  It made me realize, that despite cycling over and over, that I can do this.  I will do this.

So I've started the blog at the 12 week mark to keep me accountable as the downs start to quickly overtake the ups.  By publically posting my weight, my journey and my life, perhaps I'll find the right balance to make this the very last cycle from 260 lbs.

Welcome!  I hope we can motivate each other to laugh, move, eat healthy, and lose weight. I think we all know this isn't going to be easy, but hopefully it can be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment