Sunday, April 15, 2012

And the results are in....

So while I didn't win the contest, I don't think I did too bad!  The cousin who won lost a whopping 18 lbs and 9% body fat in the two and a half months.  And from knowing his workouts and what he ate and what he didn't eat, he completely deserved it.


For $25 it was good motivation to move and a friendly competition.


Here are my stats:


January 1, 2012April 15, 2012Difference
Weight
260.2lbs
238.8lbs
21.4lbs
Bust
49"
45"
-4"
Waist
46"
44.5"
-1.5"
Hips
55"
53"
-2"
Thighs
29.75"
29"
-0.75"
Calves
17"
16"
-1"
Bicep
14.75"
16"
+1.25"
Body Fat
53.6%
50.4%
-2.2%
Muscle
20.6%
22.1%
+1.5
BMI
38.4
35.7
-2.7

I enhanced my pear shape body by losing almost everything off of my chest as usual!  But I'm hoping that I will begin to lose more off my waist and hips soon.  I plan on re-measuring for each 20 pounds I lose.  I will also post new photos with each 20 lb goal.  

To update the constant weight checking during the day as I mentioned in my last post: it didn't vary much ~ the pounds were down after both the vigorous house cleaning as well as from the mowing the lawn.  The final 238.8 lbs was weighed wearing clothes while all my previous measurements were done naked.


Recap:

9:30 am - when I first woke up, after peeing, before eating, naked.


12:30pm - after 1 cup of water and a sweat inducing house cleaning and vacuuming, naked.

3:30pm - after 2 hours of lawn mowing, wearing 1.5lbs of clothes.

So it goes to show, that exercising, and not drinking water, is enough to reduce weight and body fat in numbers most of us trying to lose weight would consider significant.  Through the course of the day, the numbers for both fat % and weight varied enough to definitely reinforce the idea that you must be consistent with everything when weighing body fat and simple weight because so much can change it!  And also, to not get discouraged when there is a small increase on the scale.  My weight varied almost 2 lbs by simply mowing the lawn and sweating and not replenishing fluids.

Food, or numbers, for thought!

Now I need to go hang my head in shame and deal with the gloating to come out of the cousin and pray the ribs and poutine tonight don't cause the scale to pop back up above 240 tomorrow morning.  I really want to see something below 238.8!  

No comments:

Post a Comment