Thursday, April 12, 2012

What I'm Reading

I really wanted to post today, I felt like I really had something to say.

And then I sat down in front of the computer, put my hands on the keyboard and realized I had nothing important to say.  I won't bore you with my incredibly boring day or food choices.  But I still had an urge to write... anything, something.

So instead of having you read my admittedly boring post, I figured I'd link to some of my favourite blog writers.  I've only been following blogs for the last 6 months, and weight loss ones for the last 2 months.  I don't feel important enough to comment much, but I'm trying.

Here are some of the interesting posts and blogs I've read lately:



and more importantly, this recent post which I mentioned yesterday: P is For Plateaus
Plateaus are scary, demotivating, and work against us.  That post dealt with them perfectly!



Go Start Now! is a great reminder as to why excuses are really no excuse.  Just MOVE!



A Neurotic Glamour Girl's Weight Watchers Experience and Fitness Adventures is a blogger who I don't necessarily share much in common with but I love the style and the pictures and .... well, just reading the blog makes me smile!  This post is a great reminder how planning ahead is a key feature of those who are successful in losing weight.  Planning ahead helps us keep our food in check and motivated in our exercise routine!



I came across this blog while I was desperately searching for something to motivate me.  I haven't finished reading all her history yet but I can't wait to finish!


While I may never have any intention of becoming a fitness competitor, her blog posts resonate with me.  Especially ones like this which remind me so much of working out with the boys who think they know too much



One blog I read from start to finish was PastaQueen.com.  Sadly, she no longer blogs specifically about her weight loss journey and is now over at JenFul.com, but it is hard to find one post in her original blog that didn't resonate with me some way or the other!



I've just started following this blog, but it makes me laugh and cry ~ which is always a sign of a good writer.


Now, these all tend to be popular blogs that come up often in all the searches.

Since I'm starting out and I know there are many other people out there starting out... do any of you have any recommendations for blogs that would be funny, insightful, motivational, and/or all around fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment